Developers Challenge (with prizes!!)
Less than 3 weeks left until the XMPP Summit #8 comes to Brussels. This year, we've got something new! Nokia has generously offered to sponsor a mobile XMPP developer challenge.
What does that mean?
Starting from NOW, you can start writing a mobile application for ANY Nokia platform (Maemo / S60v3 / S60v5 ...).
The requirements are:
- The program must be FREELY available; OpenSource is preferred.
- The application needs to be demoed on a Nokia Phone (we have demo devices on location) on the XMPP Summit (Monday). If you are not attending the Summit, find someone who is, and can demo / explain the app, and collect the prize.
- Limit of 1 application per attendee.
- Substantially new code, as decreed on the day by the judges. (If you have questions, the judges will give guidance, but the final decision will be made on the day)
- Judges aren't eligible.
- And of course: The application needs to use XMPP in some way.
The judges are: Jack Moffitt (XSF Board Chairman); Kevin Smith (XSF Council Chairman); Kristian Luoma (Nokia)
So what can I win?
We have one Nokia N900 generously sponsored by Nokia which the judges will hand over to the best application.
So, open up those text editors and start coding, and good luck!